View Single Post
Thanks Len,

I opened fitting #15 and put the air to it and there was still some fuel in the line so that's great news. I was worried the lines would be full of dried up sludge.
The air blows clear without restriction so no blockages. When I get the pump installed I plan to run gas through the lines to flush them out without allowing the gas to return to the tank.

Of course when you go to fix one problem you usually find others on an old car like this, right?
While accessing fitting #15 I noticed that the crank sensor male connector had crumbled to bits and the CHT sensor was also in a bad state. I have done a ton of research on this common problem and have ordered some connectors that I hope will fit. The sensors are probably fine and I don't want to do the teardown needed in order to replace them when I can just install a new connector.

Today marked the first day since the car arrived a month ago, that I actually got to install some new parts, like the in-tank fuel filter, rubber fuel hoses on bottom of tank, and new hood shocks.
After a month of taking things apart and waiting for parts to arrive it felt great to reach the assembly stage.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)