Thread: 930 78 vs 87
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure when they started that. At the same time if your '86 was built during the last 3 or 4 months of 1986 it has some or maybe all of the same specs as an '87. It was just titled and sold as an '86.
Look at the manufacture date on the sticker in the driver side door jam (left side in the USA) to see the date is was made.

Same is true for cars built during the last months of 1987. Some things are a little different and they are much the same as an '88 but they were titled and sold as an '87.
I know that's true for the rear shock tower strengthening gussets that started being welded into the chassis sometime during 1987.
I think that Porsche employees had summer vacations and production was interrupted for July/August.
When started in September all the cars were assigned next year model year. For example all 1978 model year cars were made between September 1 1977 and June 30 1978.
My 1978 is the very last one USA MY '78 (461) and the manufacture date is, you guessed it, 06/78.

By the way, is the fact of being the last one made for a model year increasing the value somewhat?
Old 04-21-2018, 11:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)