View Single Post
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
I dunno. I once heard that people don't buy a product, they buy a perception of a product. Are we sure this interest isn't a great example of that idea? Beyond the name and how ridiculously far they have depreciated, what makes them great cars?
Well, sure -- I agree to a point. After all, we all know that certain makes have recurring issues that practically make them into stereotypes (Jags and their wiring, etc), and they're still sought-after. A friend of mine has a Triumph TR6 that is just one issue after another... and I still think the car is cool as hell. Ditto with old Alfas, Fiats... I think part of the allure of a Rolls is that they are hand-built, built to a very high standard, they look different, are very luxurious, and are just... different. Same reason I like old Saabs and Volvos... or air-cooled Porsches, for that matter.

I can't say anything about actual quality, of course. I simply don't know. But they are interesting, that's for sure.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 04-22-2018, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)