View Single Post

I know of 3 locally. All 3 are very different cars.

One is on blocks in a trailer park of all places. Been there for years. It's brown, had a tarp on it at one time but is parked in front of an 80's Buick. Owned by some old lady.

Second I see driven around town quite often. It's blue, driven by an older gentleman, is in perfect shape, not a scratch on it. He keeps it shiny. Sounds amazing, looks like it rides amazing and he just drives it.

The third is (was) owned by a limo company. They rent(ed) it out for weddings. Talked to the owner of the limo company about it and he said he will never get another one. He said every time he took it out something on it broke. And the rental price never covered the cost of the repair. It has (or had, it's been about 10 years since I've seen it around) 70K miles on it and he told me he had spent over $10K repairing little things on the car. Making windows work, turn signals, wiring, brakes, etc. And that getting new parts was a nightmare, never mind used parts. When he gave me a ride in the thing it wasn't what I was expecting. At all. It did NOT ride like I thought a Rolls would. More like a station wagon with a pallet of bricks in the back. It just felt heavy. I presume he had gotten one of the cheap ones.

With that said, I assume it's like any other car. You get what you pay for. You can either buy a $30K car or a $10K car and put $20K into it.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)