View Single Post

Garage
Almost finished - the complete restoration of my 87 Carrera

This is Part 2 of the complete rebuild. See the link just below to the first part which include the rebuilding and restoration of the engine, followed by the suspension, new brakes etc...

Please note that while I am calling this "restoration" the exterior and interior of the car is modified. The engine was kept stock and so is the suspension and brakes, although some of the parts I used were not original Porsche but after market I consider those an upgrade to the original. For example I used Billstein instead of Boge, and Zimmermann coated rotors vs. the actual factory.

Part 1: 1987 911 Carrera Rebuilding Engine Suspension Brakes and more to come

After all the mechanical things were done, it came to the body and interior. Well, this is how that went down.

The car was OK to begin with, but it had some dings, and chips, and the trim wasn't fitting right, the decklid was crooked etc...

Here are some before pictures just to give you an idea...

This seal is not only broken, but the wrong one.

The door is actually closed here... hmmm

As you can see the car needed some work that of course turned into more (as usual), but I also wanted to modify the body, so I bought a set of fiberglass bumpers that I thought would be perfect. When we test fitted the front one on the car we realized that this bumper might not be very practical with the long overhangs in the corners, unless I only wanted to drive on track, but that wasn't the idea. This car was going to be kind of a street rod, so I ditched the front bumper and bought another one that did not have the splitter on the bottom.
Instagram#3DdesignsSD

Last edited by 3Ddesigns911; 04-29-2018 at 12:08 PM..
Old 04-27-2018, 01:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)