View Single Post

Unhappy New member could use some help

Hello everyone, my name is Pat Kelly. I am new to this forum and i am having a horrible week, i'm hoping you guys might help. My car is a 87 930 cabriolet that my father bought in 2010 from the original owner. Car was factory stock with 30k miles when we got it. It remained that way with the exception of a full B&B exhaust with heat and a 1 bar WG spring. We had some planned upgrades (only reversible upgrades) that we were about to install before driving down to Deal's Gap. Last week my father passed away at 61. My father loved that car so I decided to keep our plans. I dropped the car off at my local air cooled shop for some tires and to have the car gone over before i left. The owner of the shop called and gives me some more bad news. Number 3 head stud appears to have broken on the exhaust side. So the motor has to come out and they cant have it finished for 5 months. I dont know what to do. I need some options to have it repaired and preferably soon, this trip and this car mean very much to me. Do I pull engine myself? Do i trailer car to another reputable shop? I am not new to building cars but i am new to porsches. Thanks for any help, ill also post some pics.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)