View Single Post
Non User

Garage
First my condolences, at 61 that way too early. Good for you for continuing with the plans, I’d bet he’d be happy you’ve picked up the torch. Many a 911 and 930 are running with broken headstuds (do a search on the engine rebuilding forum here), I had 3 before I finally pulled and did the work myself. Definitely a leak annoyance and should be repaired, but as long as she’s running well you don’t have to do anything drastic now. Take the time to think through what you need to do.

Enjoy the car for the trip/summer, then plan for a winter tear down either yourself of find a good shop to send to (no shortage of opinions here) and enjoy the path down the slippery slope. There is a good group of guys here, our shared passion for the 930 is a bond that knows no boundaries.

Keep posting, keep sharing, take lots of pics along the way!

BTW I’m a TurboKraft fanboy as well. He’s a contributor here (along with Brian Rarlyl8) they share lots of info here to keep our cars running, even when there is no $$$ in it for them. We’ve got to support out supporters!
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car

Last edited by infraredcalvin; 05-03-2018 at 08:48 PM..
Old 05-03-2018, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)