View Single Post

Garage
These are the three Americans released by North Korea
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/09/asia/americans-detained-north-korea-intl/index.html
Quote:
Kim Sang Duk, who also goes by the name Tony Kim, was detained last April during a brief teaching stint at the Pyongyang University of Science and Technology (PUST), which bills itself as the only privately run university in the North Korean capital.
Quote:
Kim Hak-song, another US citizen who was working at PUST, was detained on May 7, 2017.

Kim is an agricultural expert who'd been teaching rice-growing at the university, his wife told CNN shortly after he was detained. She said Kim was innocent and merely trying to help North Koreans feed themselves.

The country has for years struggled with famine and food insecurity.

Quote:
Kim Dong Chul, a naturalized US citizen who used to live in Virginia, was arrested in October 2015 on spying charges. .................

Kim said he moved to Yanji, a city near the Chinese-North Korean border that acts as a trade hub between the two countries, in 2001 and commuted daily to the North Korean special economic zone of Rason.
The powers that be want things cleaned up before any big meetings, these guys got swept up in the surge, lucky them.

Too late for this guy.

Parents Sue North Korea Over College Student’s Death After Time in Prison
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/us/politics/otto-warmbier-lawsuit-north-korea.html
Quote:
WASHINGTON — The parents of Otto F. Warmbier, the Cincinnati college student who died after suffering a severe brain injury during 17 months in custody in Pyongyang, sued North Korea on Thursday, alleging that it kidnapped, tortured and murdered their son.
George, Architect
Old 05-09-2018, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)