View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbodman930 View Post
Mark,I don't think it will go away matter of fact I can still remember that smell just by thinking about it.Oct 20,1981 a round 2pm temp was hot as hell in Ca.and the Santana winds were blowing 40 mph gusts or better.A friend of mine said hey look someones house is on fire,turned out it was my family's.Everything wss gone by the time they put it out except for three walls in our garage.What stuck out the most was the smell.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah brother, the smell can't be described....I'm with you. Just little things like a whiff of smoke in the air - as the blood pressure rises - brings back memories best forgotten. Your loss was a thousand times beyond mine.

I just thought I would share the pre and post picture, what a "proper" and "improper" 930 should look like. I may just have to have a large garage poster made of this pict to remind myself, keep the PTSD alive, ya know?

We all store memories throughout our lives, but unfortunately we don't have a "delete" button. This one, for me, changed how I look at humanity. The selfless giving and support just floored me and taught me a priceless lesson that I'll never forget.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)