View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93097004xx View Post
What’s interesting is we are seeing a fair amount of US 930s being sold back overseas.

Strong indication as I have always suspected that RoW 930s had a very high attrition rate. Seems like it could be as high as 40% or even higher but no real way to say..

That and most 930s overseas were not garaged by the time they reached even their third owner.

I believe garages to be a relative luxury in europe up until the late 80s even for high end car owners.
I agree. The last overseas buyer I had that took the time to fly over ( the only way I sell to anyone) was blown away by their condition. Instead of buying just one he upped his offer on it and made substantial offers on 6 others once here. I sold him 4 in total and he upped his offer on others shortly after. I declined his offer & I still have them & happy I did, as the value has risen a lot since.

You are right, that in Germany and other countries most 930s are used up way more and many were ungaraged and were used year round in bad weather at some time since new. Some unrestored ROW that came over when almost new, and many US 930s that some on this forum consider just drivers, are garage queens by comparison. People who sell any other way than in person are most likely leaving lots of $$$ on the table if they have a nice example.

Last edited by voitureltd; 05-16-2018 at 07:00 AM..
Old 05-14-2018, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)