View Single Post

I sounds like you do may not have the wheel rate/suspension travel combo that is optimal for that car and its use case.

As to the former, I will leave it to others to comment, because I have no experience with t-bars in 911s.

I can say that since you are up here in Norcal and since your car is a 3.2 at nearly stock weight, there should be an accessible recipe from any one of a number of area resources.

Jerry Woods Motorsports is one such resource, there are others as well. I suggest accessing resources with racing experience and/or decades of experience with air-cooled customers driving on track. There are several shops that have supported PCA track drivers for years, and there are known recipes. RMG, Don Wise, Sportech, Modderman's, Heyer Performance, and lots more. Of course one of my favorite shops is Reno Rennsport... deep experience.

As to travel and using bump stops as limiters... in my experience this is not a common approach with these cars. With the proper combination of parts and set up, there should be no need to use bump stops as travel limiters for most situations at local tracks. 911s don't like to hit berms really hard-- hopefully you are avoiding those types of jolts. You can do damage to things like your ring and pinion.

I have used Koni bump stops in other types of Porsche cars, along with stacker shims, but I don't think that should be necessary with a car like yours.

If you want to speak to some experts and get suggestions in person, several of them are likely to be in the paddock at Sears Point this weekend. Heyer, JWM, Reno Rennsport and a whole bunch of air-cooled experts will be racing under NASA sanction-- hopefully yours truly as well.

Many of us in the Porsche Racing Club will be in the garages right near the entrance.

Again, I strongly suggest being judicious with berms.
Porsche Racing Club #4
BMWCCA
NASA
Old 05-15-2018, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)