View Single Post
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Jumping in here because I hope to be working on this tonight or tomorrow.
I have a new Leask WUR that was set by him based on my modification list. I had the improved diaphragm installed and have the RPM delay.
Reading this thread and Brian's statement below I am assuming that I should just get the car running and up to temp.

First: I need to check the idle AFR and adjust if needed.
Second: If I have a rich or lean condition adjust the WUR pressures.
Third: Once AFR's are good through the range and on boost then set the delay RPM based on the AFR readings at boost or when boost comes on?? Not sure here because the OP is not running a RPM delay.
I have Brian Leask's instructions but it's good to get all opinions from those that have done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Specs are set according to the engine modifications so should be close. System pressure, boost pressure and idle mixture all play a part. The idle mixture screw is spring loaded, you must push it down (gently) to engage the receiver. Push down too far and the engine will stall. Adjustment should be CCW to rich first then CW to lean. Only a tiny adjustment should be needed if any at all. I would set the idle mixture first, if needed, then verify warm pressure before going on to boost pressure. Once all done recheck the idle mixture.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)