View Single Post

Mike, thanks for the thoughtful response. I've learned a lot from you and others here on these forums over the years. I agree that there are plenty of tried and true recipes for track cars like mine and I definitely got input from as many sources as I could before I did my suspension upgrade last year, including folks on pelican, racers from PRC and PCA, and local shops. I selected 23/31 bars as this seemed like a reasonably stiff combo without being so bad on the street that I would not want to drive it to the track or the rare weekend ride.

Honestly, this combo is pretty great most of the time. Its really the dip at T6 and compression in T8a at Laguna (not the curbs) that are the problem. What I am hearing is that your 911 race car (and presumably others in spec 911 or GT classes) typically do not bottom out at these turns without adding height to the "standard" bump stops for the shocks being used. This makes sense as you are probably 600lbs lighter and running higher spring rates.

Thanks for the invite out to sears point. I've been out there for a couple of events while PRC was there and have walked the garages. Good luck out there and have a blast. Thank you again for your input.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)