View Single Post

Garage
Hi Derrick, yes I think you've got that order correct.

1 - Set idle AFR - @ approx 13-13.5 as per Brian, adjust idle speed after if needed (big flat screw driver on the side of the throttle body). This can be tricky settig the Idle AFR mixture, i'm lucky that my arm is skinny enough to fit between the my custom intercooler and underside of the engine compartment and I can look thru the rear window and watch my AFR gauge change as the car is running. I read to rev the engine after making an idle AFR adjustment, whether it makes a difference or not, i don't know, but I did it.

1 - Check cold pressure, warm pressure & enrichment pressure to verify what you've got. Brian sent me specs of what my WUR was set to when I bought mine about 2 years ago, but this month I found my actual WUR pressures did not match what he sent printed on the written spec sheet. I'm certainly not saying Brian set the WUR wrong or the mis-recorded the specs he provided, but for some reason they didn't match, no biggie, I reset them and i'm glad to have learned something new about working my car.

Use or borrow a trickle charger for this. My car is fairly modified and probably easier than stock cars to do these modifications, but it still is a good 1/2 hr of fuel pumps running after getting intercooler off and CIS pressure gauges hooked up and battery on a charger and waiting for WUR to warm up then trying to make changes to pressures. I have a VOLT meter in my cigarette lighter and could see it draining the battery.

2 - yes adjust as needed, hopefully you'll be close already. Raise pressures to lean it out, lower pressures to enrichen them.

3 - RPM switch, sounds like an easy thing to play with once installed. Change RPM chips as needed. I'm not sure if you'd go to a higher RPM chip to correct a rich AFR or vice versa. But it should be pretty obvious after 1 or 2 changes & drives.
1975 Carrera / 965 tribute w/ 1989 3.3 turbo 8.5:1, custom Evergreen K27 7200, 964 cams, euro CIS, TEC1 dual plug, rarlyL8 headers & hooligan pipe. 915/68 trans, kevlar clutch and lightweight pressure plate.

Last edited by puddy; 05-16-2018 at 11:37 AM..
Old 05-16-2018, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)