View Single Post

Yup the dream
Actually I have had this car as I mentioned earlier since new, it and I have gotten old and gray together. I have had more fun in this car then should be allowed
So its time to learn the one part of it that always went to a shop.
Any hoo the bolt came out with "persuasion" I like that term in case you can't tell
I don't know if there is any one on this forum old enough to remember that old tv show 'The Persuaders' Roger Moore and Tony Curtis, but I have liked the term persuasion since then.
Distributor side back together and the whole thing cleaned up.

Here are the parts that went into it...

Couple of things:

Using 6 ft/lbs of torque on the 3 bolts holding the back of the distributor housing (M6) stripped the thread in the aluminum cam cover block....Used a helical to fix that only tightened to 5 ft/lbs on the other 2.

I applied Locktite red to the thread of the connector retaining bolt (M5 x 10 mm) the set screw type in the collar.
Lots of simple green and 3 tooth brushes later it ready to go on, but I am still struggling to get the all of the old gasket off without damaging the aluminum surface.

Sox
Old 05-16-2018, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)