View Single Post

I will ask around the paddock this weekend to see if anyone has used products like the Koni bump stops in your application. I used them on my 951. I think I still have some somewhere in my workshop.

It is of course hard to compare apples and oranges. I wonder how some of our race car set ups compare to your car. I think Spec 911 may come closest, but they weigh a lot less than your car (600 pounds) and likely have a lot higher wheel rates.

It may just be that your wheel rate, weight and ride height are not compatible with your suspension travel at those spots at LS.

We don't drive at LS much because of sound. The last time I was there driving in anger was 2011 RR IV. I think did some testing/DE driving there in 2016. I don't remember anything untoward in 6 and 8.

The turn 6 berm may have changed a lot since I have raced there... I'll ask about that as well since many in our group raced there in March. We have another race scheduled there in late June.

By the way, I think there are more TB choices out there than may be readily apparent.

Going to an infinite spring rate is never any fun, nor is damage from bottoming out. I hope that you can resolve this quickly. Kudos to you for running a 3.2 on track!
Porsche Racing Club #4
BMWCCA
NASA
Old 05-17-2018, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)