View Single Post

You might want to "fog" the engine,there is a fogging spray that boat owners use when storing boats,my understanding is that it coats the pistons,cylinder walls,valves etc.I used it when I lived up north where summer is 2 weeks long and winter 50 weeks,it is a spray can and you remove the air filter and while the car is running you spray in the carburetor/throttle body until you kill the engine,this draws the fogging oil into all the areas you want protected from rust.Also I would suggest you put a pan or two inside the car and fill these pans with moth balls to protect from rodents.Fuel stabilizer in a full tank is a excellent idea along with fresh oil/filter change.Good luck in your deployment,I know I appreciate everything our military does for us,let us know when your back!!
Old 10-22-2003, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)