View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy View Post
Alan if you're around can you have a look at my Dyno thread and see my AFRs on the dyno. Let me know your thoughts if you'd leave all as is or make more changes.

Thanks.
I did have a look, just not a lot of internet where I am right now.
Ideally the top end would be lower AFR. Maybe tuning it won't give any more - you may be at the limit. In which case dropping WP will only make your mid range worse, and ideally it would/should be smidgeon higher.
How often do you plan at running at 6000 rpm? I would def not run any more boost tho and as I think spuggy? noted - he has run like that for some time. Your only other option is to try dropping WP by about 0.3-0.5 bar to get the 6000 rpm AFR down to safer limit, and put up with the lower AFR in the 4500-6000 range (assuming you fit a leask sw to deal with the rpm below 4500)
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 05-20-2018, 06:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)