View Single Post
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
For the most part, the switches unscrew. The knob unscrews, and then you'll see what the manual calls an "escutcheon" (fancy term for shield) which is basically a nut with no flats. There's a slot sticking out from the hole in the middle, and you can use some snap-ring pliers or needle-nose pliers or a special tool to unscrew them. Get the nut started with the tools, then just use your fingers to thread it the rest of the way off.

Remember to disconnect the battery ground post first; if the switches fall somewhere and the wires touch the wrong stuff it could cause a short if you don't.

I believe the face plate in my car was held onto the dash with foam double-stick tape. Not sure how stock that was. Once the face is off the dash frame, you can easily scrape the stuff off of it, prep and paint, then re-install and put up the basketweave vinyl.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 05-21-2018, 09:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)