View Single Post
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettafan View Post
I think many are missing the importance of the phrase 'earned income'. As stated above (correctly) the limitation is on 'earned' income. W2, 1099 (sch C) type income. NOT pension distributions, not cap gains, not S corp income.

The math on early ss is simple. from early to full you get $xx,xxx in ss income. how many months of the difference between this and FULL benefit would it take starting at full retirement age to make up that difference?

IIRC a common answer is around 7 years.

this of course doesn't factor in opportunity cost of not having early SS income to invest/pay down debt, etc. it also doesn't consider tax impacts such as pushing you to a non zero cap gains tax bracket, etc.
I just like the idea of getting something that is designated "full" - it makes me feel good inside.

There's math involved as you said.....but unless I'm hurting for the $...I'll wait. I only have 2 more years left and next year I get Medicare....woohoo!
Old 05-30-2018, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)