View Single Post

One more data point...

I have a Hans, which is no doubt the 'gold standard'. I have never found it very comfortable to wear. The angles (how it sits on my shoulders w/tight belts) aren't quite right - it doesn't seem to fit as well as it should. That said, I've been unfortunate enough to test it and it worked.

I am just getting back to the track after a few years away and have been upgrading/renewing all my expired safety gear. I am looking hard at the Schroth H&N device due to the flexible lowers, which I assume will allow it to adjust to the angle of my body & seat better. I'm hoping to try one out next weekend and will try to remember to post back with some impressions...

The Necksgen H&N device also looks interesting as it doesn't have hard lower legs at all. It may be the most comfortable and adaptable of all...?

The Hans is the only one w/an FIA safety rating - depending on the organization you run with, this may, or may not matter...

My car is a '74 911 w/Recaro SPG seat, roll bar & 5-point belts. I will be in a spec boxer next weekend...

Tom
Old 06-03-2018, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)