View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip j View Post
I have the car running and tuning is in progress... My LC1 crapped out, so waiting for the new one to arrive... I had no problem with the wiring/install, but I'm a little challenged with the programming portion of the tuning ;-). Hopefully next week I'll be driving.
Sooo, I have my new AFR gauge (LC2) installed... still running very rich. I tested the running fuel pressure, and this is one place i have a problem. My 5 yr old 964 FPR is running 59 PSI, were I have 43 PSI set in my FUEL PUMP AND PRESSURE CONTROL settings. (easy fix) but I should look at a new FPR... whats suggested as a good model ? Do I need a rising rate FPR ?
Now I have a couple of questions as to the operation of the fuel pumps... when running the pumps in test mode, I have what sound like a bit of cavitation, sounds like air bubbles... on the pressure gauge I installed, I see a fluctuation when this noise occurs, the pressure drops about 10 psi and the needle bounces quickly for about 3 seconds. this happens once every 30 seconds...
This is with a new rear Bosch 044 pump, and stock front pump. I know this setup is overkill for EFI, has any one else had a similar problem with their pump system, and were shall I go from here, or just live with it... what are my options/opinions please. Philip
87 930 GHL/Rarlyl8/Garretson/GT3582R/1 Bar/Wevo shift, mounts/Meth inj/LM-2/Custom Fuchs/Carrera intake manifold/Xtreme Carrera heads P&P/3.4/DR 993SS cams/ Mahl/Pauter/JE/Niresist/ARP/twin COP/8.25:1/KEP stage 2/twin tials/close 2,3,4th. MS3Pro Evo 500+ HP, BTSOMP Dyno
Old 06-24-2018, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)