View Single Post

Oil Squirter dilemma

Finally got the cases adequately clean.
IN one case, the three squirters function properly - open at a few PSI, and a fairly uniform spray pattern.
In the other case, one is stuck open, allowing backflow and not requiring any pressure to start flowing. Another one seems blocked, at least partially, and the third flows but the spray pattern isn't very good - likely also partially blocked.

So far I have soaked them in carb cleaner, Seafoam, and overnight with Liquid Wrench.
Nothing seems to make any difference.
I was shocked at the price of the things, so am trying to decide whether one should change them all or just the malfunctioning ones.

As a side note, it is interesting that the three bad squirters are on the same cylinder bank that had broken rings at the last rebuild. I wonder if the malfunctioning squirters lead to higher piston temperatures and detonation on that bank.

Are there any alternatives to either the Porsche squirters, or the rebuildable ones mentioned on this BB?
'14 X5 diesel
Old 06-24-2018, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)