Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > 101 Projects Discussion Forum: BMW 3-Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post Engine hesitating when reving, wont rev past 3k

Hello there!
I've got a BMW 320i from late 1994 , which has an m52tub28 engine from a 728i E38 Auto. After starting the car the it idles fine.When pushing the accelerator , even flooring it , the revs go up to 2.5-3k then instantly start to drop down even tho I did not release the throttle. While driving I cant accelerate with the car at all, whenever I try to apply gas the car starts jump like it wants to stall but I was able to put it in gear and get driven by the idle. In the following video you can see how the car reacts to throttle in standstill. It is worse when I'm driving , like when trying to take off , it wont even rev past 1.5k and it all acts like it wants to stall. The car currently has no starter in it , when I was testing out things we started the car by pushing. I am going to install back the starter shortly and after it I really want to work this issue out. In the past I ran out of fuel with the car 2-3 times because the indicator shows more than there is in the tank and without knowing what the issue was I tried to start it up several times. Maybe I burned out the fuel pump? I am almost sure there are some vacuum leaks but the car ran just fine before so the vacuum leaks may not have caused this. We put the car to a tester and it gave the following errors: ABS,O2 sensor,Throttle pedal position sensor(I'm not sure what this means since the car has mechanic throttle ) , Multifunctional steering Wheel(the 7 series most likely had it, this one doesn't) , autotesting module (?).

Here is a video I made of what is exactly happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGc2m2J4uhw

PLEASE HELP! write down any ideas you can come up with ! I didn't find anything like this on the internet , I hope someone else already had the same problem as I'm having!

Thank you in advance! Have a great day !
Old 07-23-2018, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
A solid vacuum leak can cause the engine to bog like that. Fix the vacuum leaks first - its too difficult to diagnose without the leaks fixed. Check the boots.

One thing to try after you know no vacuum leaks - pull the DISA valve and check (google it).
Old 07-31-2018, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Gladiator

Location: Near Annaolis Md . along the Severn River in the woods.
Garage
hesitation

Get the tune up kit from PELICAN - filters,caps plugs etc and do all the basic stuff

THAN - put "Sea Foam" in the gas tank.

If that dosn't work - drill a tiny hole in the air boot across from the throttle body and use the spray Sea Foam and rev it up. Fill the tiny hole .

TG
Old 08-13-2018, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: