Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > 101 Projects Discussion Forum: BMW 3-Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Dyno results show lean

Hello,
I have an 89 325i with a newly rebuilt engine. There are two issues. One is that Idle is a bit high - 1000+ rpm. I've been able to lower it slightly after a smoke test showed a small hose leak, but I'm out of ideas now. I think I have them all plugged up.

Second issue is that the engine runs lean at WOT. AFR during a dyno run last Friday was between 14:1 and 15:1 for most of the rpm curve. good news is it makes good power - 160 HP and 160 ftlbs as measured on a mustang dynomometer which i'm told is conservative. I may even have to de-tune it a bit for spec series racing.

First question is - should I be worried about this? I can live with a high idle on a racecar and engine makes plenty of power as long as it's not a reliability issue. Second question - any idea what could be the cause?

I've tested resistance of the temp sensors, and according to Bentley they are in spec.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: