Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > 101 Projects Discussion Forum: BMW 3-Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

BMW Roundel e34 m5 high rpm clutch vibes

Recently had a new sachs clutch and pressure plate installed. the shop did the rear main seal, throw out bearing, engine mounts, transmission mounts, pilot bearing, stainless steel clutch line, pretty much everything you are supposed to do on a clutch install.

the problem: all runs perfect except that when you depress the clutch at anything over 4k rpms, switching gears or simply revving in neutral (not that i rev in neutral other than to elicit the noise) there is a loud whirring noise and a worrying vibration coming through the clutch pedal. it increases with engine speed. at redline it sounds very spooky.

the shop thinks that Sachs sent me a defective throw out bearing, which I find highly unlikely. before the clutch was changed there were no sounds or issues whatsoever, simply a soft engagement. please let me know what you all think, thank you.

harry
Old 10-17-2018, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: