Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > 101 Projects Discussion Forum: BMW 3-Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

anyone autox their e30 325i(s)?

i plan on entering one in 3 weeks because i watched one yesterday to see what it was all about. there was another e30 there. Im just wondering what are high rpms for one of these engines? mine has 95k on it and runs strong but what are high rpms for an E30 325i? by this time i should have my sumitomo htr 200s on and bilstein/H&R sport setup on too.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:33 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wludavid
Do you mean to ask what is the redline on a 325i. I don't mean to be rude, but it's where the red starts on the odometer. I've got a 325e so I'm not completely sure, but I think the rev limiter cuts in on the 'i' engine at around 7000 rpm.

You can increase that limit, as well as get more power from your engine by putting in an aftermarket engine management chip. Jim Comforti-programmed chips seemed to be the most favored and they can be purchased from Turner Motorsport.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:02 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
In the shop at Pelican

My car cuts out at 7K, but thats with a Jim Conforti chip. I think it's 6600 stock.

I run a combination of Sumi HTR's Bilstein Sports and Eibachs. It's very stiff, a little too stiff for the street, but it serves well.

at only 95K, you're just breaking the ngine in. Just be sure to do frequent oil changes using only OE filters, like Mann or Mahle, and keep the valves adjusted. Before you autocross, I have to reccommend you take a driving course to fully take adavtage of what your car can do, and also to learn how to effectively drive it.

Also be sure your brakes are new, as you'll probably go therouigh a set during one autocross
Old 05-11-2004, 03:51 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wludavid
[B]Do you mean to ask what is the redline on a 325i. I don't mean to be rude, but it's where the red starts on the odometer.

Tachometer. Redline at the odometer would be 999,999
Old 05-12-2004, 07:59 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wludavid
Wooo. I wish I could claim it was late when i wrote that, but it was only 5pm. Maybe I can claim end of workday idiocy?
Old 05-12-2004, 09:33 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I once had a bike,....... I tried to over redline and kill every day in order to rebuild and make it more fierce,.......Redline seemed to be a suggested mark to hold back as this bike took 14000 rpm back in 1982. (Yamaha seca) To make a long long story short,.....where the power comes in at is rarely where redline factory specs begin but it is a suggested area to be aware of!!
Old 05-15-2004, 07:44 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Old 05-15-2004, 07:44 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: