Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > 101 Projects Discussion Forum: BMW 3-Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

My e30 with alpinas

here it is!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:57 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Now that's a nice, clean looking E30, but I can see why you opt'd for the E36 convertible... that's hard to beat.

I'm guessing you were able to keep the wheels, huh? they look great on both cars, but they really fit the cabrio nicely.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:09 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I always wanted an e36 convertible - so it was time for the e30 to go after owning it for 2 years!
Unfortunately I couldnt keep the alpinas from the e30 as they take 4 stud alloys and the e36's have 5 stud.

They are alpina replicas and cost me 625 including delivery which isnt too bad - thats with 205/45 17 or witht he 40 profile.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:57 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I thought the E30 was a 4 stud, but then I thought that was possibly only on the I4 model... perhaps the I6 had a five bolt pattern. Apparently not.

Now that's not a bad deal on the wheels and tires, and for replicas that look identical. Those Alpina replicas give a unique style to your E36.

I was going to ask, do you have any issues with leakage on your cabrio where the roof meets up with the windshield/windscreen as far as rain. My roof doesn't leak, but when it rains, the water seems to want to track right into that seam, and if I crack the window down a little while driving, I get a nice drip right onto my leg. I'm wondering if something is worn on mine, or if that is just the design.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:22 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Alpinas can make any BMW look good
They are a nice design and suit the e36 very well.

Leakage: Yep it sure does - Thats the only place mine leaks, but very little. My bro use to own an M3 1997 model - that used to leak in the same place also.
My neighbour has a 1996 e36 cabrio - but hers leaks all over the show. So she has gone and bought a hardtop.
Conclusion - very bad design.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:52 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Old 04-25-2005, 12:52 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: