Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > 101 Projects Discussion Forum: BMW 3-Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question 90 325is 2 questions

I wish everyone a happy and safe fourth of July. And my thoughts go out to all those brother and sister who are serving or have served in our great armed forced. Godspeed home to all.

I have a 90 325is. about 6 months ago I had the head and valves reconditioned, after the valve job the compression tests were excellent. about 2 months later the engine stalled out and when I checked the plugs, the number 1 cylinder was very oily and clogged. I am using bosch platinum 4 plugs, and mobil one syn oil. the other plugs were ok. then over last few months the car would run great for a few weeks than stall again .. same issue with plugs. but now I was getting oil in the boot and all over the air filter. I would change plugs and air filter... car runs great for a few weeks the same issue. yesterday saw the valve cover gasket was blown out on one side... I was cleaning the rim of the head to put in the new gasket when the "rocker arm shaft guide plate" or "thrust plate" popped out. the notches on the shafts have rotated up and i cannot put the plate back in. also, I had a leakdown test preformed a month ago and the only problem was the number one cylinder... I believe the reading was 20% and the rest of the cylinder were 5%.

so.. two questions... what would cause oil to get into the boot and air filter.....and .... how do I insert the guide plate or thrust plate back into position??? and of course what do i do to fix these two issues.

your help would be greatly appreciated... many thanks...Robb

Old 07-02-2006, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: