Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > 101 Projects Discussion Forum: BMW 3-Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
CEO, Pelican Parts Inc.

E90 Intake Manifold Replacement

Got any questions on Project 9 for your E36 or E30? Ask them here!

-Wayne
101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper
Old 09-01-2006, 11:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

BMW Roundel Valve cover sealant

I understand that sealant should be put in the areas specified with a silver sealant which I'm assuming is the RTV. However, when I looked at the bonus pictures, there are some showing black sealant smoothed out on the valve cover. Is that the same sealant? Should sealant be put under the gasket and on the valve cover or just the valve cover?
Also, there is a photo (figure 22) showing a black tube removed from the right of the engine. What is it and is it necessary to remove it to remove the valve cover?
Thanks
Old 09-28-2007, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Can you post a DIY Valve cover gasket for the 4 bangers? We change gaskets too!!

I just did this job, not bad but I used some rtv-silicon gasket kinda stuff instead of a gasket glue. It's gonna leak like a sieve isn't it?
Old 09-28-2007, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Porsche 944 Turbo Project: Oil Pan Gasket Replacement

So I got a question. My mechanic has not removed the intake manifold for the oil pan gasket replacement. Either he has not gotten that far yet or he doesn't feel the need to remove it. Or doesn't know to. I'm kinda helping with the work for a learning experience for me. I'm gonna ask him tomorrow but, why is the reason for the intake manifold to come off?? I was looking under the car today, and don't know why it needs to come off. Every where I read it says to remove it, and I'm not saying you don't have to cause I'm sure ya do. But I'm wondering what is in the way?? Why can't it be done without removing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2016, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek.kritz View Post
So I got a question. My mechanic has not removed the intake manifold for the oil pan gasket replacement. Either he has not gotten that far yet or he doesn't feel the need to remove it. Or doesn't know to. I'm kinda helping with the work for a learning experience for me. I'm gonna ask him tomorrow but, why is the reason for the intake manifold to come off?? I was looking under the car today, and don't know why it needs to come off. Every where I read it says to remove it, and I'm not saying you don't have to cause I'm sure ya do. But I'm wondering what is in the way?? Why can't it be done without removing it?

You're asking for a Porsche 944 Turbo. This is the BMW 3-Series section of the forum. Try posting a new topic here: Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S - Pelican Parts Technical BBS

Also, you can check out our 944 Turbo oil pan gasket replacement tech article, for more info and pictures, here - Pelican Technical Article - Porsche 944 Turbo - Oil Pan Gasket Replacement
Old 04-29-2016, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Question regarding a 2001 VW Jetta non turbo 2.0.

Just bought yesterday for my son. Get in the drive with it and brown sticky crap leaking. Open up and pull dipstick to find there is NO oil on it..bone dry. Then look at the overflow and find out that all the oil is in the coolant and going everywhere. Could this be just an oil cooler or is it a headgasket? Im livid about it. If anyone can please offer me some advice I will take it. Whatever I can get. The car is a manual tranny and it drives and runs great actually.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Terribly sorry if I have not posted this in the correct place. I am new to this

Old 06-16-2016, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: