Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > 101 Projects Discussion Forum: BMW 3-Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

pwr windows

1995 325 ic front windows move up or down approx 1 inch and stop when button depressed. the only way to move windows is to rapidly push button until window moves to desired position. what is wrong with this car?
Old 09-10-2006, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Lemme guess. If you hold down the window button in any which direction, it will do what you desire. However, if you use the 'one tough' option (quick click down or up), it gives the response you explained.

If this is the case, it's a well documented problem with e36 BMWs. One board member, blkongry had a very good write up & fix to the problem, but I'm too tired to go & search for the thread. Just to a board search for "blkongry" & "window switch" , that should give you a good course of action.

Sport Package, Short Arm Intake with ABS Molded Heat Shield, Custom Mounted Front Strut Bar, Elevated Clutch Stop, Polished Aluminum Roundel Shifter, AC Schnitzer Aluminum Pedal Set, Chrome Instrument Cluster Rings & Carbon Fiber Bezel, Crystal Clear Corners, OEM Clear Tail & Side Lights, Scalloped Headlight Trim, Custom 'is' Grill Badge, Alpine C43 Stereo Upgrade, Front Bumper Filler
Old 09-10-2006, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Found it for ya.

Window Motor Fix

Sport Package, Short Arm Intake with ABS Molded Heat Shield, Custom Mounted Front Strut Bar, Elevated Clutch Stop, Polished Aluminum Roundel Shifter, AC Schnitzer Aluminum Pedal Set, Chrome Instrument Cluster Rings & Carbon Fiber Bezel, Crystal Clear Corners, OEM Clear Tail & Side Lights, Scalloped Headlight Trim, Custom 'is' Grill Badge, Alpine C43 Stereo Upgrade, Front Bumper Filler
Old 09-11-2006, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have the problem described in the Window Motor Fix link. I just removed the window motor from the door and then I opened up the motor to see what the problem was. I can see that one of the plastic gears is broken. This seems like such an easy thing to fix. I would hate to spend $200 on a new window motor. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy this part to fix the motor. Is it possible to puchase a "window motor rebuild kit" and DIY?
Old 09-12-2006, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Nope, sorry. The gears are not sold separately. Yes, I know it sucks, but the manufacturers would rather sell expensive assemblies than 50 cent gears.

Look at the pics on this page:

http://www.101projects.com/BMW/Projects/070/pics.htm

Which gear is the one that is broken?

-Wayne
101 Projects for Your BMW 3-Series 101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 How to Rebuild & Modify Porsche 911 Engines 101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster & Cayman 101 Projects for Your Porsche 996 / 997 SPEED READ: Porsche 911 (October 2018)

Check out our new site: Dempsey Motorsports
Old 09-12-2006, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

The gear is inside of the window motor itself. It is not part of the regulator.

Thanks for you input. I need to start a company that provides rebuild kits for window motors.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: