Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > 101 Projects Discussion Forum: BMW 3-Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1997 318i Climate Control

Hi,

The digital climate control in my '97 318i keeps blinking out on me - mostly when its cold in the morning. The display and fans just "turn off". Then, it'll turn on again for a minute, then blink out again - and so on.

I had the blower motor resistors replaced 3 months ago, so I'm suspicious that this might be related to that work. Beyond that I'm looking for suggested starting points...

Regards,
Old 01-28-2010, 08:31 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I had the same, or very similar, problem on my 96 328i. I fixed it myself for about ten dollars and it's been working great since I did it two years ago.

What mine did was go on and off randomly. There really was no distinct "pattern." The awkward part was that when the climate control display went out, it would engage the air conditioner-Extremely annoying.

It's not reliable for me to say that my problem was the same as yours. However, it's more than likely. If you haven't checked out this site at least give it a look through. If it's something you haven't tried yet, give it a shot. I ended up having to buy the correct size capacitor off of Amazon. They only sold them in bags of 10 though, so I still have nine of them laying around. If you need one just shoot me an address and I'll send it snail mail, no charge.

Good luck.

Here's the link:
http://macadamizer.com/bmwfix.html
Old 02-10-2010, 08:11 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: