Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > 101 Projects Discussion Forum: BMW 3-Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Administrator

Garage
BMW F30 Tech Articles Section

Hello Fellow Pelicans

Our BMW F30 Technical Articles section is now up!

Articles are going to be continually added, but we're always looking for suggestions on what will be most helpful to you all!

Please comment below with what DIYs you'd like to see in this section!
Old 12-06-2016, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
My wife's 2013 335i with N55 engine appears to be leaking oil from the valve cover gasket and also the oil filter gasket. A Tech Article on replacing valve cover gaskets and/or some guidance as to where to post questions/pictures/progress on my own work would be most appreciated.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver Ed View Post
My wife's 2013 335i with N55 engine appears to be leaking oil from the valve cover gasket and also the oil filter gasket. A Tech Article on replacing valve cover gaskets and/or some guidance as to where to post questions/pictures/progress on my own work would be most appreciated.
Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately we do not have access to an F30 right now, so a tech article would be difficult to produce. From what I've read in past threads, if the car still happens to be a CPO and is still under warranty, the dealer should replace it. I did a quick search and there appear to be replacement videos on YouTube with guides. If you make an progress with this repair or any others, I would post them in this section; as it's the most popular with our BMW community. My apologies that we don't have more info on this repair procedure.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: