Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > 101 Projects Discussion Forum: BMW 3-Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Gladiator

Location: Near Annaolis Md . along the Severn River in the woods.
Garage
Warped hubs on e30

So it has been a few years since I got this '89 325 at the police auction on Capitol Hill in DC. Three motors later and a lot of cosmetic stuff the car is OK but never had good tires just some rubber from parts cars etc.

Always had a little shimmy that I thought was bad balance. Well the new Hankooks shimmy just the same. Very good when the speedo is on the left side of the dial but very noticeable as we get into the big numbers.

The hubs are original 250k or so but no play, new tie rods & brake hats ,& links -

Cheap hubs are 35$ or so is there a reason to get the good ones and shall I replace the rotors too - the have less than 10k on them.

Or is it something else?

tom
Old 07-11-2017, 04:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Did you check over all your suspension components such as bushings? How about wheel bearings, how many miles are on them and how old?

BMW E30 3-Series Front Wheel Bearing Replacement (1983-1991) | Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article
BMW E30 3-Series Rear Wheel Bearing Replacement (1983-1991) | Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article
Old 07-14-2017, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Gladiator

Location: Near Annaolis Md . along the Severn River in the woods.
Garage
thanks Luccia

Of course the odo. is broken at 230k but the hubs have no play that I can feel . New Lemforder stuff all around including control arm & rods.

The previous tires had the same wobble. Today I'm shifting fronts to rears - if that doesn't work it must be the hubs - the Bently repair book put that thought in mind.

I guess for about 200$ I could get the cheepo hubs and some new rotors.

Tom
Old 07-16-2017, 03:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: