Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > 101 Projects Discussion Forum: BMW 3-Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Administrator

How this man saved his BMW's from Hurricane Harvey

As the water began to flood into homes, one of the first thing any automotive enthusiast may think is, "oh no, the cars/trucks/bikes, etc!" Well, this individual got a head start and was able to get his two BMW E36 M3s and one BMW X5 just high enough to stand above the floods.

He told sources:

Quote:
I woke up on Sunday morning at 4:45 a.m. to a decent amount of water outside. All cars were safe at that point. By 6:00 a.m., I knew the water was rising past the 1'-0" mark. So I went out to raise the car to the top of the jack stands.

As I was doing so, the water was rising faster and faster, about 5 inches every 30 minutes. I had to improvise and only thing I had were garden blocks. I immediately started grabbing garden blocks and put one set under each jack stand thinking this was enough. But as I would finish that, the water rose to the bottom of the tire. So I progressively added more an more as the water rose. By the time I was done I was working in above knee water using the last of my garden bricks to get the car to the max height you see.
The house may not have come out as lucky, but at least he saved his BMW's. Share your thoughts below!

Looks like he could have used one of our AC hydraulic jacks to give him all the height he needed.
Source here

Last edited by Luccia at Pelican Parts; 09-05-2017 at 01:32 PM..
Old 09-05-2017, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: