Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > 101 Projects Discussion Forum: BMW 3-Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Sport seat bolster repair. Any input??

Just purchased a nice clean 97 328i convertible My first convertible in over 45 years of driving. Yes, 63 years young)
The interior is beautiful except for a dime size hole worn thru driver side bolster.
I have disassembled the seat, removed the lower section and removed the leather to expose the inner foam.
It has split and the inner support bar has worn the hole.
Anyone have experience with this?
Can the split foam be saved (glued)???
I will take it in to a shop to have a new piece of leather fitted (and possibly new foam).
Cheers.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Yup - dime sized holes can be patched - most small shops that deal with upholstery can handle that.

Also - there are kits available if you want to patch yourself - Black is a lot easier to match than colors..
Old 12-21-2017, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks High Life.
I took it in to a upholsstery shop we do business with.
They rebuilt the foam and replaced all the leather on the one side.
Looks perfect (actually too perfect compared to the rest).
$100.00
I am happy.
Merry Christmas to everyone
Old 12-23-2017, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
The bolster is damaged, but the foam is old too. If you want to enjoy driving your car for any distance, it pays to do a full rebuild of the front seats. The interior will look much better and the seats will be much more comfortable. I have no regrets about investing in my seats. Now the down side.....it ain't cheap. A complete rebuild of my front seats cost about $2,500 thru a local auto upholstery shop. That included all new foam in the center sections and all new leather covers.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: