Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > 101 Projects Discussion Forum: BMW 3-Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Administrator

A modded E30 for the track!

When you swap in a S65 4.0 V8 from the M3 into a E30, you're getting ready to build a great trackday weapon. DynoTorque/Driftworks built this E30 using the 4.0 V8 from the S65 and even swapped in the DCT transmission. When you're trying to put down the fastest lap times, DCT would be the best bet. This E30 also has ABS, taken from the E90. Helping to stop the car is a BBK from Alcon, with 6 pistons front and 4 pistons rear. This is one E30 I'd love to drive when it's done!

Check out more on this E30 here!
Too many Miata's to count.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Gladiator

Location: Near Annaolis Md . along the Severn River in the woods.
Garage
Great to see people being creative. The OEM guys seem right wing by comparison.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Gladiator

Location: Near Annaolis Md . along the Severn River in the woods.
Garage
street racing BS

Since nobody at Pelican wants my old e30 I introduced myself to our new neighbor - He has 2 Jerr-Dans parked in his yard - as well as a 70's Camaro that is very serious money - and tagged. - Very disturbing when he drives by our house but I'v had straight pipes for years on one of our cars ( "89 e30is m20B2.7)

I guess I'm a redneck but my wife hates the term.

Anyhow when I introduced myself to new neighbor to ask if he could get rid of my beat and stripped ('84e30325e) car - stuffed with other metal he quickly agreed and we started talking cars.

NINES in the quarter mile - no turbo or nitrous - this is dad talking about his sons car.A little hard to believe but he had videos from the local strip - but no tickets

"My oldest boy dosn't like the track - they require a roll bar and besides he made $50,000 last year street racing. -

He did own one of the trucks - name on the side.

Do tow truck drivers and street racers make all the money. Lots of cash huh.

tom
Old 06-20-2018, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Jeez, I didn't know they could make that much from street racing. That's insane! If they own a tow yard I bet it's pretty easy to make that money though.
Too many Miata's to count.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: