View Single Post

Found this...year later and same problem. Last week pulled vacuum and saw no leaks overnight, then did recharge using a hose set up that allowed to to vacuum out recharge hose between cans. Still same problem, getting 40 Psi on low side and low 300's on high side after just 2 12 oz. cans and vent temps only about 60 degrees. Decided to take it to old, respected AC shop here in Dallas (McCains) to see if I'm doing something wrong. I did not evacuate/vacuum it before I took it to them. The pulled out the r134 and vacuumed it down then put about 44 oz of R134 and got same results as me....42 psi on low side and vent temps about 60 degrees. The foreman did say he thought air had been in system but said they "purge" it before recharging to make sure no air in system. I told him there are guys with set ups similar to mine getting vent temps in the 30s so he's as confused as me. Not sure what to do now other than just accept the poor performing system. With all the enhancements I've done I was expecting better results.
Warren Hall, gone but not forgotten
Old 07-09-2018, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)