View Single Post
G'day!

Garage
Had to bring this thread back to announce I decided now that I'm 64, to go ahead and put in for my SS benefits.

The loss in payment will be 13.3%, which after doing the calculations, I can live with that all things considered.

I applied on line and it was very easy.

One thing to keep in mind....whatever date your birthday is....you need to wait until after that date on the next month before applying. In other words at least 30 days. This is because your benefits will be calculated for your current age - and what your age has been for a full 30 days.

Since my birthday was June 11, and I applied yesterday (July 21) my benefits will be based on my current age of 64. If I had applied anytime between June 11 and July 11, they would have been calculated at age 63.

I should also add that they give you an opportunity to choose what month to start your benefits, so you can go ahead and apply but make sure you don't start them too early.

I set up a direct deposit and will keep everyone posted when it hits. I understand it might be at least 30-60 days to have my application processed.

It's funny how one can change their mind on things. I kept running into people who told me that applied as soon as they hit 62. They all said they did the math. They all said they had no regrets. That stayed with me along with the comments in this thread.

Finally I will get something BACK....lol......
Old 07-22-2018, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)