View Single Post
G'day!

Garage
August 1 and just got off the phone with SS. A real nice lady who just wanted to confirm the authenticity of my application. She indicated I would need to visit my local SS office in person and was able to make the appointment right then. It's this Friday at 10am. I will report back afterwards.

According to her, my benefit will be 64 years plus one month.....$1,467/month, for those interested, and they will issue the first check to me this week, after I visit the local office.

The lady I spoke with was very pleasant and it was an easy process. She said she has been with SS since 1996. She also said SS was taking steps to ensure benefits will continue to be maintained, despite the extended longevity we are experiencing.

In some ways I feel like this is the end of an era. The beginning of the end. I'm not depressed about it - just waxing philosophically. Can't help but think about the fact that I will be "on" social security soon. Crazy.....

So next June when I turn 65 I will get a Medicare Advantage plan and that will take a small amount of my SS but I will have health care coverage and then it will just be a matter of TCB for the rest of how many years I am granted by the big man upstairs.

Tallyho.....
Old 08-01-2018, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #117 (permalink)