View Single Post
G'day!

Garage
Followup on this morning's meeting at the local SS office.

When you enter, there's a check in kiosk where you punch in your SS# and whether you have an appointment or not - then it prints out a ticket with a number on it....then you take a seat. I was called within' 5 minutes of walking in and asked to come to a certain partitioned booth, where I was greeted by a nice fella who was the administrator handling my account.

His responsibility was to verify I was who I said I was on my application so we went over a bunch of my personal and employment details until he was satisfied. It all went well. At the end of our session he printed out a calendar page with the payment schedule. For retirement benefits, they have 3 pay periods per month depending on your day of birth. Mine will always be the 3rd Wed. of each month and I set it up as a direct deposit so it will go right in.

So that's pretty much it. I will post again when payment is dropped into my account.

Bottom line is if and when you decide to apply for your SS retirement benefits...it's very straight forward and an easy process. It was for me, anyway....
Old 08-03-2018, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)