View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trond View Post
found Bosch WR-5-DC and NGK BKR6E in the lower set. NGK 6 corresponds to a Bosch 6/7 and is clearly not a match.

I will need to order either one step colder in the bottom and run Bosch5/NGK7 equivalent. Or go to even colder and try a Bosch4/NGK8 equivalent ? Any advice ?

I was adviced by supplier of pistons to use NGK FR5DTC. That is a even hotter plug than the BKR6E I have ?
I have always been a Bosch fan, used them exclusively on my Kremer 3.2 (non-dual plug) and the Kremer guys who built the motor and set it up for autobahn work basically told me to use Bosch W3CS plugs as they were cold and would resist fouling due to the silver electrode. With the CS's they said I could leave the plugs in for a few years but if I wanted to go cheaper they said use the copper equivalent W3CC and switch them every year.

Not sure if they were just a tad anal or not, but I figured why argue with success as the engine was broken in at the Nuremburgring and ran like a clock for the 20 years I had it.

Bosch shows them as being available and intended for earlier performance cars....so they may be the trick for you. Stupid expensive, but figure you don't need to change them out very often.

Dennis
Old 08-25-2018, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)