View Single Post
Bad LT

G50's and 2step. Who has done it?

Hi gents long time no speak. I've been away from Porsches playing with other stuff until a couple of weeks ago when an ex Prosche Cup car fell into my lap at a reasonable price (For these days). Basic specs are 3.4ltr GT3 cranked stroker bottem end, twin plug heads, GT35, E85 with about 1.1bar of boost making about 500USRWHP. Weight is ~2250 pounds. Carbon doors etc pretty much everything but the roof.

Anyhoo I'm thinking about setting up some 2 step on the car to help get it off the line. The current button clutch and light weight flywheel mean it pretty much only likes "race starts" IE min 2,500rpm and off the clutch quickly. "Checking things" I've side stepped the clutch at 5,00rpm and it was happy to turn the 295 semi slicks for quite a bit.
I'm not sure if the Box is an early '50 with smaller diff yet as I forgot to check this moring before heading off to work. But I do know it has a billet side plate, custom gearset with a 1:1 5th and new very tight LSD.

My question: Is anyone running 2step on a 930/911 turbo with a G50? How has it held up?

Photo for referance.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)