View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Matts right. Always get the estimate in writing. Also, be happy you have your car and it wasn't $10k.
Itís not that I disagree with you guys because clearly I needed to do something differently but an estimate for $1200 does not prevent me from receiving a $3000 bill at the end nor does it mean I have a slam dunk case in front of a judge. Iím sure Matt can attest that bills go up from their original ďestimateĒ but there is legal protocol on how to have the customer acknowledge this increase. Technically I can argue that my estimate was only $150 and if I had a believable enough story a solid judge would rule that I only owed $150 unless they had something in writing to say otherwise. My concerns at this point are them fabricating documents and authorizations. I have a valid concern of this because this was done on more than one occasion by LA porsche Dismantlers where Caleb came from. I think Iím ok because the police witnessed that there were zero authorizations in writing by me
Old 08-31-2018, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)