View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
It's getting so bad at these shops I would cross out the verbal authorization line on the work order and write in "written authorization only" and initial. Make them initial next to yours.
Total inconvenience, but it's as if you need to personally inspect what they are saying and authorize each item.
Email is good for this too. They send pictures and you authorize what they have sent. It leaves a great paper trail.

I would talk to the BAR first. See what they say about it. You need to prove they broke one of their rules to win anything.
Yeah I think by the time Iíve owned Porscheís for 20 years I will have discovered all the rip-offs personally lol. The BAR and small claims are completely separate matters. Unfortunately BAR really cannot force a shop to pay monies. They can only encourage. However they can teach the shop how they are supposed to write an estimate, obtain authorizations and so on. It will be up to a judge to decide my financial fate.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)