View Single Post

997.1 Crawls then stops

In need of help.

I parked the car at the mall and returned to it after 2 hours. Went inside, clutch in, gear in neutral, started the car, I heard a loud sound, the engine idled, geared in reverse, the car started to move slowly, then stops as if it is in neutral.

in lieu of reverse, i tried first gear with same results: crawls for a couple of feet then stops moving as if engine is in neutral.

No noise/grinding when shifting gears. I can start the engine without any noises or issues. The loud
bang never happened again.

Any ideas? It is a 2007 C4S.

One article mentioned it might be a “half shaft”. I just lifted the car and it looks like the CV joints are intact and no visible prior leakage. I can manually spin the rear wheels without difficulty and without noise. When I spin one wheel the other side spins in the other direction.

Could it be the clutch, pressure plate, Throw out bearing assembly? If it is the clutch assembly, I would be really be disappointed at the dealer for these units were replaced recently (mileage wise). It was 3+ years ago, but the car was never abused, raced, etc.

Thank you

Last edited by cab83_750; 09-03-2018 at 04:40 PM..
Old 09-01-2018, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)