Thread: Introduction
View Single Post

Garage
Introduction

Hello All,

I live in Morristown, NJ area and simply want to introduce myself and send out some feelers. I am a serious car/motorcycle enthusiast who has always admired the air-cooled Porsche 911s since the father of one of my high school girlfriends took us for a ride in his 80s era 911 cabriolet. Since then I taught myself how to wrench on nearly everything out there from dirtbikes to two-stroke diesel engines. I worked in the field for 7 years after a year at Penn State did not interest me and I missed the hands-on aspect of life. I first spent 4 years painting cars & motorcycles and moved on to diesel mechanics and fabrication. After realizing I did not have the resources to open my own custom vehicle shop and not wanting to work for someone else as a wrench; I went back to school and got my bachelors in M.E. and masters in Engineering Management. I am almost done rebuilding our home and got the approval from the wife to pull the trigger on my dream car. I am now in my mid 30s with two children of my own with a garage & lift & want to find a ruby red late 70s or 80s targa Porsche 911. Ideally I would like to find something that hits all my criteria & I just missed out on the BAT car that sold last week. My budget is $25k-30k but would love to find one with engine troubles or something so I can rebuild engine to my liking. Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to join the community.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)