View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiVT View Post
Pull the TTV and cool it down in fridge or freezer, just needs to be 60 instead of 90. Use your vacuum pump to test each port. The outer port doesn't hold vacuum, the center port does. Assuming the center port holds vacuum, you then warm the TTV up and it should stop holding vacuum at some point. Warming it using the electricals on the TTV is best as it mimics what happens while installed.

I removed the TTV, and first tested it with a vac pump - the middle port held vacuum when cool. I then attached two wires to the TTV, and ran them to my battery - to mimic the electricals, as you suggested. After about 13-14 seconds, the TTV opened up, and vacuum was lost at the middle port.

So my understanding is that this supports that the TTV is working as it should. I expect from prior testing that once I reverse the lines to/from the WUR and Decel Valve, the engine will fail to maintain idle. As I further understand it, this then suggests that the mixture is too rich .... so the next step would be to adjust the mixture to lean it out?
A pic of what I used, should anyone have interest :

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited by LIRS6; 09-08-2018 at 05:59 AM..
Old 09-08-2018, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)