View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
Before doing that, measure the fuel pressures engine running with the TTV correctly connected. If the engine dies, pull down (assuming it's too rich) the sensor plate slightly.
Thanks pmax.

Reversed the hoses to the TTV, so that the Decel Valve hose went into the middle port, and the WUR hose into the outside port.

Ambient temp: 73 F

Hooked up pressure gauge, vacated air from the gauge hoses, and fired her up. Frankly I didn't expect it to hold idle, as previously it hadn't, but it did this time.

As you will see in the video below, initial pressure at start up was about 3.0 Bar. After about 15 seconds (TTV opens up?) the pressure starts to increase, although not rapidly as SkiVT's had in his video. Ultimately it reaches about 3.8 Bar.

At about 48 secs, I start to play with the sensor plate; pulling down slightly loses idle. pushing up slightly does the same, as you will hear. I tried it a few times, as you will see.

At about the 4:41 mark, you will see me remove the vac hose from the WUR - FP drops about .3 Bar. Then I reconnect it. Back it goes to 3.8 Bar.

What you don't see is that the idle has dropped to about 800 RPM by the end of the vid. So subsequently I adjusted to about 950.

https://youtu.be/PCa6j_ABuzo

Warm start-up was smooth.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Jason

Last edited by LIRS6; 09-08-2018 at 11:06 AM..
Old 09-08-2018, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)