View Single Post
KYUKYU3

Garage
The finishmaster pro recommended I use the SEM products for the job. I brought in the bumper and they said I didn't need a flex agent in the primer since the bumper is semi rigid. So what I did was:

1. Strip the bumper down to the plastic. This was a royal PIA as there was way too many layers of paint.

2. Clean it well. I had a sem plastic prep solvent

3. Do the repairs and mods with the sem plastic repair

4. Block and feather the repair/mods. The sem plastic repair sanded really nice. I had to do a few tight coats of it on some of the transition areas to the surrounding areas to get no lines. I had bought a can of Evercoat polyflex that I was going to glaze with but ended up not having to use it.

5. A coat of sem high build primer. A coat of sem guide coat. Blocked it and found no issues. Topped it with another coat of the primer and blocked it again.

I spent way to many hours, but learned a lot through the experience. I learned to do drywall taping and cabinetry finishing a long time ago so some of those techniques helped me through this learning process.

Last edited by samurai_k; 09-09-2018 at 09:53 PM..
Old 09-09-2018, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)